At the Peace Lutheran Youth Group we teach Christ crucified, that we are saved by grace, through faith in Christ's death. We teach God's love, how nothing can take that away from us. We strive to be authentic disciples of Christ. We talk about "tough" topics. Topics that will be uncomfortable and/or make the Youth think. We talk about God's love and how we can better show that love to each other. We talk about taking faith seriously, the ramifications of not following God or asking for forgiveness. We have honest conversations about what the Word of God says and means.
We also teach 5 Things as a response to the forgiveness that God graciously gives us. These 5 Things are not how we are saved, but are how we as Christians should respond to the forgiveness He has given us:
1. Surrender to the Lord (Matthew 16:24)
2. Love BIG (John 15:12-13; 1 John 4:9-11, 18-19)
3. Be Willing (John 12:25; 1 Chronicles 28:9)
4. Be Flexible (Philippians 4:12-14)
5. Be Like Jesus (1 Corinthians 11:1)
We play exciting and fun games. We get loud and crazy sometimes. We laugh and joke. We enjoy great food and even better company. We provide a safe place for Youth to hang out, eat, and hear the Word of God. Bring a friend and join us Wednesdays from 6:00-8:30pm and Sundays @ 9:20am in the Youth Room!
Director of Youth and Family Ministries
*On Wednesdays enter trough the door marked "GYM"*
Youth participate in a variety of activities throughout the year! Check out what is coming up:
* Kentucky Trip - Join our High School Youth for a trip to the Creation Museum and Ark Encounter in Kentucky this summer!!!!
* Senior Saturday - On March 17th @ 7:00 pm all Seniors in High School are invited to join us for Senior Saturday! We will hang out and talk about the next stages of life as a Christian! Enter the doors marked "GYM"