At the Peace Lutheran Youth Group we teach Christ crucified, that we are saved by grace, through faith in Christ's death. We teach God's love, how nothing can take that away from us. We strive to be authentic disciples of Christ. We talk about "tough" topics. Topics that will be uncomfortable and/or make the Youth think. We talk about God's love and how we can better show that love to each other. We talk about taking faith seriously, the ramifications of not following God or asking for forgiveness. We have honest conversations about what the Word of God says and means.
We also teach 5 Things as a response to the forgiveness that God graciously gives us. These 5 Things are not how we are saved, but are how we as Christians should respond to the forgiveness He has given us:
1. Surrender to the Lord (Matthew 16:24)
2. Love BIG (John 15:12-13; 1 John 4:9-11, 18-19)
3. Be Willing (John 12:25; 1 Chronicles 28:9)
4. Be Flexible (Philippians 4:12-14)
5. Be Like Jesus (1 Corinthians 11:1)
We play exciting and fun games. We get loud and crazy sometimes. We laugh and joke. We enjoy great food and even better company. We provide a safe place for Youth to hang out, eat, and hear the Word of God. Bring a friend and join us Wednesdays from 6:00-8:30pm and Sundays @ 9:20am in the Youth Room!
Director of Youth and Family Ministries
*On Wednesdays enter trough the door marked "GYM"*
Sign up for our Remind Text alerts! Text the number 81010 the message @db7adh to receive texts of Youth Group news!
Youth participate in a variety of activities throughout the year! Check out what is coming up:
* May 16th & 23rd - Join us for our last two Youth Nights of the school year! ALL 8th Graders are welcome!!!!
* May 30th - From 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm the Youth Room will be open to hang out and take a break from studying!
* Summer Youth Group Dates: June 20th, July 18th - Led by Camp Luther, & August 15th. Time and Place will be released later!